Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Dinner at Margarita's .... And then Ben & Jerry's !!!!










First night in Singapore was a big success. We met up with our friend Jayesh and his wife Mona who live in Singapore and they took us out. I had already been to this restaurant in my last visit and loved the food, so I was really open to the idea of going again. I love mexican food and there aren't any good mexican restaurants in Delhi (Not that I know of ... If you know of any, please let me know), so it seemed like a good idea to go to eat mexican food. As the name "Margarita's" would suggest ... this place has INSANE margaritas, the best that i've had anywhere in the world. So we ordered a pitcher of Margaritas, a separate glass without ice for my dad since he doesn't like ice. This went really well with nachos (cheese & plain) . Although i have to say that it's a shame that being a mexican restaurant, the nachos still couldn't come near the nachos at Hard Rock Cafe'. Eitherways, the whole combo was really nice. Nachos with Cheese, salsa, guacamole and sour cream .... Oooooohh that's the perfect blend. 

Then came our dinners, Mom ordered a chicken burrito, Dad, Jayesh and Mona ordered veg enchiladas and I ordered the massive Beef Burrito. I have to say it AMAZING and sooooo filling. I couldn't finish it, i felt so bad but i just couldn't. It had the perfect mix of beans, beef, rice sprinkled with some green stuff, i think it was cilantro ... whatever it was, it gave it a very nice flavour. A few bites of the burrito and then a sip of the margarita to wash it down and then you take some of the filling of beans and beef and mix it with some of the rice and "voila" you achieve the perfect surprise for your taste buds. I enjoyed my meal the last time also, i had a fish taco last time which was also amazing. 


So anyhow ... After this awesome dinner. We went to Ben & Jerry's and had some awesome ice cream and before that we went to this bakery where they had a HUGE champagne bottle. Then Jayesh and Mona gave us a tour a singapore. Cheers and a big thanks to them for taking us out last night. All in all, had a blast, ate some good food and then slept like a baby ... "What more can anyone ask for" ??

This was night 1 ... More to come ;)

Cheers

Food-blogger Rohan


No comments:

Post a Comment