Monday, 25 April 2011

Hao Shi Nian Nian









I had surprisingly never heard of this restaurant , you know ??? Considering , it's ME the Crazy Foodie. It's also quite funny because i heard about it in a very different way. Here's the back story .... I have an AMEX Platinum card and they offer all these cool rewards for points that you earn. So i call them up to redeem some points and they give me this long list of things i can do with those points etc. I stopped that chap right there and said, "Just tell me where can i get free food with these points". So I picked up coupons for 2 places "Spice" and "Hao shi nian nian". I am yet to go to Spice but I wanted to check out Hao shi nian nian, so i checked them out, they have 2 addresses:

M- 25, Greater Kailash - II

and 

Central Plaza, Sector 53, Gurgaon


GK-II is much closer to my office, so one day my brother and I went there. I was very pleasantly surprised by the decor first of all. Now, people might say "this place is better or that place is better", but this is not a competition. This is just simply me expressing my likeness towards this place, not saying it's my favourite restaurant. We ordered the chicken mini-buns for starters, they were super. Specially mixed with this special sauce i make at every chinese restaurant which is basically hot garlic sauce mixed with pretty much everything on the table (Soya sauce, vinegar with green chilli and the red hot paste) in the right proportion. Just pour a spoonful of my magic sauce all over the chicken mini-buns and enjoy.


Then came the main course. We ordered the "Chef's special chicken", I forgot the actual name, some mandarin name. But when you go there and mention "Chef's special chicken", that's exactly what you'll get. It's boneless chicken with loads of veggies mixed and it's gravy so you have something to pour on the rice. I always prefer steamed rice over noodles. We also ordered "Stir fried shredded sole with dried chilli and black mushroom" & "Stir fried seasonal vegetables with garlic" . Don't forget to add the magic sauce. If your stomach can handle spicy stuff then pour , pour, pour away. It's garlic based, so it cuts cholesterol as well. I always like to say go out and eat but keep your health in mind. Little things we can do just to balance our food like mix our meat with alot of vegetables and specially at oriental restaurants always have a cup(s) of jasmine tea, which is exactly what we did. It helps in digestion and cuts fat and cholesterol.


The food tasted REALLY good specially with the magic sauce on top. If you see the picture of my plate, it's got just the right amount of everything. Nothing is over done .... Rice, chicken, fish and veggies .... ALL covered in the magic sauce and then we conclude the meal with a few cups of hot jasmine tea. Awesome meal.


I must admit, you do end up feeling a little heavy after this meal, but you digest it very fast. That's the good thing about chinese food, it's easier to digest as opposed to stuff like Poori aloo or paratha etc. I definitely recommend this restaurant. I love the food there :)


Cheers


Food-blogger Rohan

No comments:

Post a Comment