Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Sakura ... Best Japanese place in delhi .... NOT !!!!!!

Sakura, a japanese restaurant in Metropolitan Hotel. Apparently this place has won "Best Japanese restaurant in Delhi" award 4 years in a row .... Thats just strange. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying the place is horrible. It's just over-priced and definitely not the best.

*FOR SOME REASON IM NOT BEING ABLE TO UPLOAD ANY IMAGES, SO THE LINKS ARE BELOW*


We started off with some sushi. Picked up some Nigiri and Maki rolls. The Nigiri had a nice variety, there was japanese egg, cuttle fish, tuna, salmon, tiger prawns, sea bass. I would give a thumbs up to the sushi, it was actually quite nice. It was sunday brunch with inclusive white sparkling wine (not champagne), we had some good sushi and sparkling wine on the side, we were off to a good start until we reached the second course. It was a buffet, so when i say course, i mean my own personal course. For japanese food, i always start with sushi, then move on to salad and meats and then the main course.


The tenderloin which is sliced and mixed with the salad was horrible. Even the salad itself was just tasteless. Usually salad leaves are so fresh and they have a nice taste to them, they are juicy as well. These were dry. The tenderloin was like rubber, so chewy, it was ridiculous. The Tempuras (Prawn and Broccoli) were below average. The marinated chicken was the only good thing from my second course. The other stuff was so bad, that I couldn't finish it, I left it halfway and started my third course. The potato salad was a disaster, just bland.


The rice and the chicken teriyaki was honestly the only decent thing over there. The other stuff didn't even have a good look to it. The prawn dish had a weird smell to it, so I didn't even bother serving myself any of that. But i did thoroughly enjoy the rice and chicken teriyaki. I ate it slowly and kept sipping on the white sparkling wine. They kept re-filling my glass. Even though the food was bad in this place, the service was good. Although I did run into a rookie. I asked him a question about the food and he started answering something totally different, he was nervous. As the manager saw that, he quickly ran over to answer my questions. Here's a tip pal ... KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SERVING AND LEARN WHAT GOES GOOD WITH IT BEFORE YOU STAND THERE AS A MEMBER OF THE STAFF.


Then came dessert. Now, i must say that I give them a 10 on 10 for having the balls to try something like this, but a 0 on 10 for taste. They had weird flavours of ice cream --- Green Tea, Wasabi, Red Kidney Bean and some black japanese leaf thing, forgot the name and NO i'm not talking about Sea weed. It was actually quite funny and horrible at the same time. I had to order a normal chocolate and vanilla ice cream to actually enjoy my dessert and get the weird taste out of my mouth. I ordered ice cream because their dessert sucked balls as well.

Best japanese place in delhi ??? Definitely not this one .... My vote goes to TK's. TRUST ME ... If you are hungry for japanese food, go to TK's NOT SAKURA.

Cheers

Food-Blogger Rohan

No comments:

Post a Comment