"Chinatown" in New York is a totally different vibe from Times Square. My friend and I were out doing touristy things and got hungry. As the food capital of the US, New York offers you a huge variety of cuisines. As Thai food is one of my favourite cuisines, I was not going to leave New York without having at least one thai meal.
Now from the outside, just like every other restaurant in chinatown, it looks very shady. Even the narrow street that its on looks shady. But my friend had eaten there before and she's a foodie like me, so i listened to her.
As soon as you walk in we got a strong smell of seafood, coconut milk and lemon grass. It's a very typical Bangkok smell, which many people might not like but I do. We ordered a Pad-Thai, chicken in green curry and a vietnamese beef dish. I have to say that the Pad-Thai i had there was the best i've ever had including the one I had in Bangkok. It had assorted seafood in there (Prawns, fish, squid) along with just the right amount of chopped veggies. It's always good to balance out the carbs and meat with a decent amount of vegetables. The green curry was a little disappointing. It was bland even though we told them to make it spicy. The beef dish on the other hand tasted amazing but it didn't taste vietnamese to me. It tasted like Beef "Korma". It was very oily and went really well with steamed rice. Either ways, the overall experience was nice. Mind you, if you are looking for a place with nice decor or 5 star quality seats then DON'T come here. But if you want some good thai food in New York, this is the place to the check out.
Cheers
Food-Blogger Rohan



No comments:
Post a Comment